Saturday Night Genealogy Fun – Ancestor Name Roulette
Hosted by Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings
Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1) What year was one of your great-grandfathers born? Divide this number by 50 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your “roulette number.”
2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an “ahnentafel”). Who is that person, and what are his/her vital information?
3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the “roulette number.”
4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook status or a Google Stream post, or as a comment on Genea-Musing blog post.
5) If you do not have a person’s name for your “roulette number” then spin the wheel again – pick a great-grandmother, a grandparent, a parent, a favorite aunt or cousin, yourself, or even your children!
Here is mine
I chose my great grandfather Arthur C. McCartney (1889-1971), divide 1889 by 50 and you get 37.78 rounded to 38 and that brings us to
2) My third great grandfather Charles B. Starrett (Sterrett) vital information that I have on Charles B. Starrett are from the 1880 and 1850 United States Census for Ohio. His birth year is given as 1820 and the birth state is Maryland. His spouse is Sarah Sterling Starrett. He and Sarah where residing in Franklin, Wayne Co. Ohio in 1880. The census also gives Ireland as his fathers birthplace and his mothers birthplace as Pennsylvania as well as Sarah’s birthplace. Charles surname is spelled Sterrette on his daughter Sarah Jane Starrett Cutter death certificate.
3) Three facts about Charles B. Starrett (Sterrett) are:
a. Charles and Sarah Starrett had at least two children:
Sarah Jane Starrett b. 6 Jun 1863 Wayne Co. OH d. 4 Jan 1924 she married Harry M. Cutter on 25 Oct 1883 Wayne Co., OH. (my second great grandparents)
John Beatty Sterret b. 26 Apr 1858 Ohio d. 3 Nov 1933 Shreve, Wayne, Ohio he married Margaret Carson.
b. Charles’ fathers name was David. Mothers name Jane (1850 Census)
c. He had possibly two sisters Ann and Elizabeth. (1850 census)
Happy Hunting!Written by %Julie% %Hogston% - Visit Website